14 February 2014

Let's make this moment (of gratitude) last



Dancing around the house to Moloko, I suddenly felt very well. I am singing again.

Gratefulness has happened in bursts and moments these last few days:

Sensible colleagues to share bemuddlement and confusion with, most grateful

Dry humour from surgical colleague, hilarity gratitude...
Dry - "What's everyone up to tonight (Vday)?"
Me - "Dunno. Might watch Kung Fu Panda and eat instant noodles."
Dry - "So, high yield then?"
Much laughter.

Learning, learning, learning. Frameworks. Inspiration. Understanding. The keen desire to turn this motivation into momentum.

Retail therapy.

Amazingly open moments with strangers. Shared smiles. Human beings.

Dog's ears half up, tips flipping up and down with each bounce of the trot.

Bamboo pyjamas. So smooth!

A funny thought. Named after the moon. Well, the halo of light around the moon. Moonlight goodvibes, basically. Hence, the epiphany, not to worry, I'm not all dark and nocturnal. In fact,

I'M MADE OF SUNSHINE!

Archival footage and live music. What it means to be me, and us. Best friend time. Pine trees, deck chairs, fairy lights, moths in the cinema projector light.

True talent, and hilariousness. So impressed, and uplifted, with a friend who probably needs the same. Feeling grown up and knowingly childish all at once.

Earnest doorman wants to see my ID. Ha!

Silent disco OMG so much fun have to say it again - sweat, bounce, singalong, smiles, smiles, smiles. Enormous.

Fringe world. Bringing my kind of people out of the fringe and into the light.

Finding more things to explore, like Neil Gaiman's blog. Sigh. Embrace and brace for the impending procrastination power.

Telling the truth.

Trying my best.

Crying at rest.

Knowing ultimately that nothing can break me, nothing can take me down.

I hope I can sleep soon. I think I've earned it. Feeling stronger.



There's more to you
than meets the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment