28 January 2014

Contrast

I am grateful that at times I can feel lonely. It's so quiet I can hear the hum of the insides of the fibres of my body, as I sit here. Waiting.

I am grateful that at times I can feel part of the collective. That in this darkened space, pupils dilated, lights up blaring, music resonating and dancers' bodies emanating emotion, my pulse can resonate with the power of the human body as a whole.

I can feel each part of me in strength and weakness at rest, at pilates, in the audience, as participant. The emotions that this disturbs and brings to the surface are just enough to handle.


Also today I have a deep appreciation for:
clean dog fur and stinky breath
hot sun, cool breeze
friends, as always, often so different from one another but united in our mutual love
the insult "trollop" and knowing how not to be one
barramundi - crispy skin, firm/soft flesh
pomegranates and Persephone
sadness in uplifting singing
I could never belong to you





No comments:

Post a Comment