31 January 2014

It was my birthday today

..well technically yesterday by 36 minutes. The day stirred up some sadness for me as a lot of monumental things have happened over the past year (or two or three) since my 30th.

I am grateful for the memories of that day, with 60 of my closest friends in my local which seats 48. Fresh Italian food, wine from four corners of the globe, sunshine, happiness, laughter and love. I am waiting, hibernating until another birthday so joyful comes along.

In the meantime, through a very tough day, today I am grateful for birthday wishes in text, calls, singing voicemails and online. Small bursts of being remembered and cherished during the day. 

In an otherwise bleak day:
The smiles of friends
Burlesque, drag queens, cabaret
Chinese New Year lions
The city engulfed by the fringe
Apple TV - a present to myself
Kung Fu Panda 2 and 2 minute noodles
My little black and white dog for keeping me sane and keeping the cat's claws away
Knowing how much love I have to give




No comments:

Post a Comment