03 January 2014

David Attenborough

Today, at cruising altitude, I had the seatback iPad to try out. That sentence in itself is amazing, and makes me grateful for human technology and how fortunate I am to be able to fly fly away (both physically and/or televisually) at the drop of a hat or a heart.

As I watched the 60y David Attenborough special, I was amazed by all the beauty of the natural world, which we are able to see and capture thanks to him and his dedicated team, and all the advances in camera technology that have been worked on over the years. To see a pride of lions take down an elephant in the pitch black of night thanks to infrared, a kestrel's wings imperceptibly moving thanks to high speed and a snow leopard family thanks to people who are willing to wait for 8 months or more in the mountains at a time... it is a privilege and an honour to be let in on nature's secrets from the seat of your chair, and I am so so grateful for this world in all its beauty as I make my way through to find my place in it. Thank you for inspiring me to love nature with all the wonderment and inquisitive learning that humans are so lucky to have, and act upon.

Also tonight, I appreciate all the people in this world who truly love and care for me. Friends as thick as blood. Precious, and a high priority in the here and now, whichever coast you may be on. I hope you all know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment