08 January 2014

Life is laughter

Today, on my return to do a shift at an old workplace, I realised how much I love laughter. My laugh comes from my belly, or somewhere deep behind it. It has been so loud that once I was recognised from the other side of a full speaker stack at an outdoor rock concert. I didn't laugh enough the last few months, which now in hindsight is a very important sign. Now, even in the car with the radio on, at work, with people I have just met, on the phone, watching Ross Noble on the telly... I can laugh again. The fire in my belly is back to full strength. I'm glad that I can share a genuine, full, belly laugh, a deep connection with my fellow human beings, lasting long after the sound has left the air.

4 comments:

  1. ...and the sound of my dog snoring, which is also very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fabulous laugh! I hope you get to use it more in days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I really love the sound of sleeping dogs.

    ReplyDelete